Resources and Programs
- Curriculum Development Workshop on the Balkans
- Curriculum Development Workshop on Russia
- 2007 Fulbright-Hays Seminar in Russia for K-12 Educators
- International Summer Institute for Precollegiate Educators
- Documentary Film Curricula
- K–12 Text Resources and Lesson Plans at REEEC
- Multimedia Lending Library at REEEC
- Update Newsletter
Joint NRC Center Outreach Programs
- I2I:(Joint Area and Thematic Study Centers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign offer information, resources and professional development opportunities for K-16 teachers. )
Useful Web Link
- Resources for Russia, East Europe and Eurasia
- Irkutsk: From Past to Present
- Yahoo! Countries Directory—Index of web sites related to each of the countries of the world.
- Yahooligans! Web guide for kids—Good search engine for young students. Type in "Russia" for an interesting search.
- Outreach World A comprehensive one-stop resource for teaching international and area studies and foreign languages in the precollegiate classroom.
- World Digital Library - Primary materials from countries and cultures around the world.
- iEARN International Education and Resource Network. "... iEARN is the world's largest non-profit global network that enables teachers and young people to use the Internet and other new technologies to collaborate on projects that both enhance learning and make a difference in the world."
- The Fall of Communism in Eastern Europe -Making the History of 1989
- Soviet History - Online archive of primary source materials on Soviet history
- Language Lizard - Online resource of language curriculum for children 1-12. Try looking through Multicultural Lesson Plans and the free lesson plan page for ideas.
- A Collection of Open College Courses and Lectures by professors at Harvard, Princeton and MIT.
- Teaching about Russia: Internet Resources
- Resources for Teaching about the Czech Republic
- UC-Berkeley ISEEES Website on Afghanistan & Central Asia after 9-11 Events