Other Grants, Fellowships, and Prizes
- Conference travel grants for REEEC-affiliated faculty and graduate students
- Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships
- Skalnik Prize for Best Student Essay in REEES
- Students in the M.A. program who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents are eligible to compete for Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) fellowships offered under the Higher Education Act, Title VI, US Department of Education. Awards will be given for interdisciplinary language and area studies, including the study of Russian or other languages of Eastern Europe and the former USSR. FLAS Fellowships provide a tuition and fee waiver, and a stipend. For further information or to apply, go to FLAS Fellowships at Illinois or contact Maureen Marshall at 217-333-1244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- European Union Center and Center for Global Studies FLAS Fellowships The European Union Center (EUC) and the Center for Global Studies (CGS) also award FLAS fellowships for our regional languages. REEEC encourages students to apply for these fellowship as well.
- Graduate College Fellowship Office Qualified students may also be eligible to compete for other fellowships at the campus level. A limited number of teaching and graduate assistantships, and tuition and fee waivers are also available to outstanding students. Some employment opportunities are available through the Slavic Reference Service and other non-teaching units on campus. Information on need-based financial aid may be obtained from the Graduate College.
- American Councils ACTR-ACCELS fellowships and programs
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Research Fellowship
- Fulbright-Hays Faculty Research Fellowship
- IREX Fellowships and Programs
- NSEP fellowship
- SSRC Fellowships
- Woodrow Wilson International Center fellowships
For more information on scholarships/fellowships to study and conduct research abroad, contact Illinois International.
For suggestions on proposal writing, see "The Art of Writing Proposals," published by the Social Science Research Council.