Resources for Business and Government
Government Web Sites
Business Web Sites
- American Chamber of Commerce in the Czech Republic
- American Chamber of Commerce in Hungary
- American Chamber of Commerce in Russia
- American Chamber of Commerce in the Slovak Republic
- American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine
- BISNIS: Business Information Service for the Newly Independent States This branch of the Department of Commerce office, dedicated to trade with Russia and the other Newly Independent States, has US Embassy, country, and industry reports, a reference guide to import charges and customs procedures, exchange rates, and more.
- Czech Center New York: Business The Czech Center provides comprehensive guidebooks on doing business in the Czech Republic, contact databases, research papers, business periodicals, macroeconomic and stock exchange information, statistics, information about import-export laws and other legislation, as well as overview discussions of contemporary economic affairs.
- Czech-North American Chamber of Commerce
- Eastern European Economics Eastern European Economics contains translations of original articles and published work on the economies of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Infomarket: Information Service on Securities and Capital Market of Russia
- Institute of Baltic Studies Listing of relevant links for doing business in the Baltic states.
- NEWBIZNET Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development, this project promotes the growth of small- and medium-sized enterprises in Ukraine and Moldova. They offer services such as: training courses in business skills, business information, personnel placement, partner searches, etc.
- Polish-American Chamber of Commerce, Chicago
- Problems of Economic Transition Contains unabridged translations of both original submissions and published articles from economics journals of the successor states to the former Soviet Union.
- The Romanian Digest A monthly newsletter published by Herzfeld and Rubin (Romania) S.R.L., legal specialists in European business.