REEEC Multimedia Resource Library
The REEEC Multimedia Resource Library is intended to assist university faculty and K-12 teachers who are interested in incorporating cinematic and other multimedia materials into their courses and studies. The Center's policy is to provide access to its collection free of charge to the following: University of Illinois faculty, graduate students, registered student organizations, K-12 instructors and university/college faculty across the United States. In general, first priority is given to University of Illinois faculty teaching Russian, East European, and Eurasian area studies courses. The collection is for educational purposes only. The Center does not lend films to individuals for private viewing. The Center does not lend materials outside the US.
To recommend new resources please fill out our Suggestions for the Multimedia Library webform
To locate available materials, please click on the logo to the left to search the library catalog.
- when using the library catalog, try to use only one word, or an unique part of the title. (The library catalog lists items exactly how they've been entered into the system; for example, if you are looking for the title "Moscow does not believe in tears," try searching with the terms 'believe' or 'tears' as those will be more unique than 'moscow')
- The catalog is updated about once a month due to the remote hosting service we have with LibrarySoft. If an item looks like it is borrowed, send an email to REEEC to verify its status, as it may have been returned in the interim.
- If you prefer to browse the collection available through REEEC, try using the item lists featured below.
For more information or to request items, please contact REEEC at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 244-4719. Please indicate how the materials will be used. The materials will be sent to you at no charge, but you will need to pay for return postage, insured for a proper amount. We will inform you as to how much insurance the material requires but in general, the minimum amount is $50 per item. The duration of the loan is usually 2-3 weeks, but this varies depending on demand.
Static Material Lists of the Multimedia Library
- Feature Films:
- Documentaries/Educational Videos:
- Operas and Ballets
- Russian Language Instruction Programs
- Audio Tapes, Music CDs, CD-ROMs
- K-12 Text Resources and Lesson Plans