The Russian, East European, and Eurasian Center is home to a wide variety of programs for members of the university community and the general public designed to expand understanding of and promote knowledge about Russia, and the countries of Eastern and Central Europe, the Balkans, the Caucasus, and Central Asia.
- New Directions in Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies—a colloquium series featuring leading scholars who conduct cutting-edge research, often of a crossdisciplinary nature, use innovative methodologies, and are defining the intellectual direction in the field
- Noontime Scholars—presentations on current research by faculty and students from the University of Illinois, as well as other institutions
- Distinguished Speaker Series—features prominent policy makers, business professionals, public activists and other non-academic speakers who have made an impact in the region or affected perceptions of it in the United States
- Current affairs forums and academic conferences on diverse themes, involving noted scholars from the U.S. and other countries
- The Summer Research Laboratory on Russia, Eastern Europe, and Eurasia.
- Diverse social and cultural events, such as concerts, films, exhibits, literary readings, and receptions